When choosing between unified communications (UC) platforms and vendors, it’s important to understand not all vendors offer the same level of services. While every vendor may claim they offer unified communications, the reality is each vendor typically may only offer one or two aspects of UC while others may offer more complete UC solutions. For instance, some vendors may only offer voicemail to email, while another vendor may offer voicemail to email as well as voicemail transcription, desktop faxing and SMS. UC is a broad term that spans a variety of different services. Having all the essential UC tools at your fingertips will enable you to be more productive and effective. When looking into a UC vendor, remember that each vendor can offer different features and functionality.
What questions should you be asking a UC vendor?
Here are some points to keep in mind when selecting a UC vendor:
- Is a UC client provided that will run on my computer (Windows, Apple)
- Is a mobile client provided that will run on my mobile device (Android, IOS)
- Is Chat provided?
- Can I have SMS enabled DIDs?
- How are SMS messages handled?
- Can I send SMS messages?
- Outlook Integration (Voicemail to Email)
- Voicemail transcription
- Desktop Faxing
- Presence and Status (Make sure this is available on all platforms you will be using such as mobile and desktop devices)
- What type of collaboration service is included?
- Do you have MS Teams integration?
Please don’t hesitate to reach out and ask All Tel Networks for any guidance on choosing unified communication systems. We are happy to help you find what you are looking for.